I hate to be that person that posts an issue for their first post expecting help when I haven't offered anything of value yet, but I hope to be of help to someone in the future.
To give you some background, I've upgraded my Ender 6 with the EZABL, LCD Screen, Bed Heater MOSFET, Meanwell PSU, and a BIQU H2. The BIQU H2 was a recent upgrade and the issues I'm about to describe occurred with the stock extruder setup as well. I've also updated to the latest Unified 2 Firmware. I did a lot of these upgrades (aside from the BIQU H2) concurrently so it's tough to describe after which particular upgrade produced the issue.
There are many scenarios that occur.
- I insert the SD card - the LCD says "SD Card Inserted"
- I start the print from the SD card - the LCD screen says "Heating Bed…"
- Roughly 10 seconds later "Heating Bed…" returns to "SD Card Inserted" on the LCD - the bed heater is still heating
- The bed reaches temperature, the LCD restarts to the TH3D splash screen, it's as if the 3D printer restarts, the screen however does not go black between the bed reaching temperature and the TH3D splash screen
Also, I've tried to interfere after the LCD goes from "Heating Bed…" and returns to "SD Card Inserted" by going to the menu and trying to print from the SD card again. When I do this, the name of the gcode file scrolls on the screen and the bed continues to heat to temperature before it restarts.
The second issue, is if I keep restarting the printer enough until the first issue doesn't occur.
- The printer finally gets past heating the bed to temperature
- The printers hotend heats to temperature, the bed goes through it's leveling activity, and the hotend recovers
- The printer prints for an arbitrary amount of time - there is no layer height or duration until this issue occurs
- The printer stops printing and homes as if the print is completely finished, no erro codes display on the screen, the bottom of the LCD goes from "Printing…" to "SD Card Inserted"
- The hotend and bed cool down, the coordinates displayed appear to be frozen
- The percentage to the left of the progress bar still reads 100% and the percentage below the filament cooling fan disappears. The time stamp for the print is frozen as well
I've tried 3 different SD cards with the same issue occurring with all of them
- 2GB SD card
- 16GB SDHC card
- 32GB SDHC card.
I've also opened up the bottom of the machine and checked all the connections to ensure they are secure.
I've also recompiled and reflashed the firmware several times with no success.
I'm all out of ideas at this point so I'm turning to the experts - is there any diagnostic I can perform to narrow down the issue? As a note - this issue appears intermittent, I was able to have many 6-10 hour prints with any issues. The problem seems to have come back though, and it's been happening pretty consistent over the past 3 days. I've tried slicing many different models and the problem persists. I use Cura as the slicer.
Any help is MUCH appreciated and I hope to contribute something useful in the future.